View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #6
Doz
Maniac Drummer

With me having UC and dealing with stress from loosing a father friend, 2 of my cats that I loved so much, Mom 81 with dementia with a 5 min window on memory and drinking to much coffee with cream.

I am now dealing with a Anal fissures that is cracks or tears in the anus and anal canal.

Yes it is very painful and has been very hard for me to concentrate on my music or work.

I thought it would heal but after 3 or 4 months of bleeding.
I went to see my doctor today. He giving me Medicine that is not cheap but if it heals me then I will pay anything.

I am lucky to have an amazing wife of 28 years.
We are going to keep a book/diary and write down my good & Bad eating feels.

Here is some info to help you.

To stay organized, keep a food diary. Use a small notebook to write down what you eat and drink and how it makes you feel, both good and bad. It takes time and patience, but it will help you track your condition and fine-tune your diet plan.

Remember the basics of healthy eating: a well-balanced diet is high in protein, whole grains, and fresh produce. It can include meat, fish, poultry, and dairy products (if you’re not lactose intolerant), breads and cereals, fruits and vegetables, and healthy fats like olive and canola oils.

You might not be able to eat everything in those groups, but get what you can. Note any prep tweaks that make it easier to eat some foods, like steaming veggies or switching to low-fat dairy.

Some people follow a low-residue diet or low-fiber diet every so often, getting about 10-15 grams of fiber a day. That can help you go to the bathroom less often.

Some items are common troublemakers for people with UC, including:

alcohol
caffeine
carbonated drinks
dairy products, if you’re lactose intolerant
dried beans, peas, and legumes
dried fruits
foods that have sulfur or sulfate
foods high in fiber
meat
nuts, crunchy nut butters
popcorn
products that have sorbitol (sugar-free gum and candies)
raw fruits and vegetables
refined sugar
seeds
spicy foods

Foods That May Fight UC

New research shows that certain nutrients may help fight the irritation and swelling in your gut caused by UC. Researchers have studied how linoleic acid, found in foods such as walnuts, olive oil, egg yolks, and coconut oil, affects people with the condition. Although everyone needs this "good" fat, there is some evidence it may play a role in inflammation if you get too much.

Other studies have found that an omega-3 fatty acid called EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) may fight inflammation. It blocks certain chemicals in your body called leukotrienes. Fish oil is a good source of EPA. In some tests, people benefited from very high doses of it. Many, though, didn’t like the fishy taste.

Some scientific trials also found that yogurt with "good” bacteria, called probiotics, relieved inflammation. Scientists are still studying how these germs may help people with UC and similar conditions.

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote