View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Doz
Maniac Drummer

After loosing my father to dementia. My 80 year old mom is now showing memory loss more and more each day. When you loose purpose in life and not having something to drive you each day. Sitting in front of the TV will make your body loose muscle mass. You become weak and have no drive. This is when memory loss kicks in hard.

Science is moving fast on Dementia and Alzheimer's diseases.

If your a young person seeing your parent start to look at you like who are you. Then you better get support and fast.

I am lucky to have 2 wonderful brothers to help me with our mom.

Mom went grocery shopping on a Friday night and had the shopping cart filled up to much.
The Cart fell on top of her while going to the car and broke her foot and bruised the other foot.
People saw her go down with the shopping cart and came to her rescue.
Go bless them for we do have angels on earth.

Mom broke her ankle and went to emergency room. They patch her up on a Friday night. Told her to see her doctor. Next day I go to check on Mom and find out she can not use crutches. She has No upper arm strength or balance. We go to get her a wheel chair. She can not find the prescription and it becomes an all day event. We get her a wheel chair and we take it back to her house. We begin to setup the house for wheel chair to move around safely. we tried to find a doctor on the weekend but we could not.

If you break something on Friday. Its 100% for sure you will not see a doctor without insurance.

Mom was able to see a foot doctor on Tuesday 6 days after she broke her foot. She now has a boot that has straps so she can take it off to wash her foot. She uses a pump to keep pressure on her foot.

We have setup Meal on wheels for one hot meal a day. Mom has been eating out way to much and this could be a nutrition factor in her memory issues.

Love and understanding is what she needs.

Family First

Check out something called TC-2153 that reverses the effects of Alzheimer's disease in mice. Many feel that Alzheimer's disease is not hereditary but from bacteria.
Makes sens since this disease has no age limits.

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote