Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Main Forums > How To Fix It

How To Fix It Place to post how to fix

Old 06-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default Mail profile Outlook corrupted. Here's the Fix

I search on Google and came across this post and I was able to fix my issue and wanted to share the fix with you.

After going back from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2007 I got the following message upon starting Outlook;

‘The mail profile “Outlook” was created with a newer version of Outlook and might contain information that is not compatible with your current Outlook version. If you experience problems with this profile, you can create a new profile. In Windows Control Panel, open Mail, then click Show Profiles, and then click Add.’

I’m not experiencing any issues aside from getting this error each time I start Outlook.

Is there a way to get rid of this error without needing to recreate my mail profile?

The Fix

Go to Start/ Run and type regedit

When downgrading from a previous version of Outlook, it is highly recommended to recreate your mail profile. While you may not notice any issues at first, you might run into "strange" issues later on. The process of recreating your mail profile is described here; Recreating your mail profile.

That said; If you want to get rid of this error but do not want to recreate your mail profile, you can do this by modifying the Registry;

Follow the path

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\
name>\0a0d020000000000c000000000000046 <<<<<<
Value name: 0003036f <<<<<<
Value type: REG_BINARY

Right click on 0003036f and choose Delete. Now when you start Outlook, the warning message will be gone and Outlook will automatically recreate the key with the correct value for the current version.

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote