Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > PC Support Section > Computer Help

Computer Help Computer updates and Info

Old 03-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default Unlocker 1.9 for all Win Versions

Here is the download link for Unlocker 1.9 that works with all Win version
XP, Vista and Win 7

Download for Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows 7 - Unlocker is Freeware

Download link http://www.brothersoft.com/download-...er-208761.html

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Download Unlocker 1.9.0 - 32 bit version
MD5: b432447cf8e8c7a613ff0116402b67f9 / SHA1: e115ac80776d091765ed3ea022a001e0d8aa4dc9

Download Unlocker 1.9.0 - 64 bit version
MD5: 07b3b4e4371402adf8a04c3267cdb0e5 / SHA1: c74b4f58dfa41a3d2b4cf70be2c8d773a84944f8

Download Unlocker 1.9.0 Portable - 32 and 64 bit
MD5: 8f7da0d01afd03a1e366a72c231fb3fc / SHA1: e8abf005d2f7658f81b1ed29a0c426f9a63637f2

Download any previous versions

Change Log

• Unlocker 1.9.0 for 32 and 64 bit - 5/7/2010
    - New feature: Complete support for 64 bit operating systems with signed driver.
    - New language: Basque thanks to BeƱat Antxustegi.
    - New language: Galician thanks to Delio Docampo Cordeiro.
    - New language: Macedonian thanks to Nikola Trencevski.
    - New language: Malaysian thanks to Arjuna Puteraz.
    - Improved behavior: No false positives for 32 bit version.
    - Improved behavior: Handles are now sorted by process instead of appearing in random order when launching Unlocker.
    - Improved UI: Locked DLL show as DLL instead of handle number.
    - Improved UI: Fixed same process appearing differently depending on cases.
    - Promotional feature: Fully optional eBay shortcuts, Bing or Quickstores toolbar depending on location.

• Unlocker 1.8.9 - 8/3/2010
    The rumors of me not working on Unlocker have been greatly exaggerated. I have been very busy with pushing the envelope at work, MBA studies during evenings and week-ends, and life during the time left.

Still, I finally had a little time to address all the reported issues on Unlocker, and Unlocker now supports Windows 7. From a x64 stand point, it took me a couple of hours to get it fully working on my machine. I still have to sign the driver which might require a lot of paperwork, but hopefully it will not take long. For the impatient kind, I can provide alpha versions :)

Interestingly, now that I have a x64 machine, I had no alternative than to get Unlocker working. Despite the increased number of ersatz, none of them really did the job and I really had a motivation to get Unlocker working.

Finally, I addressed the topic of false positives with Unlocker on my my blog. There is no malware in Unlocker and there will never be. And for the record I am not the only one having similar issues.

- Fixed bug: Handles should not be missing anymore on Windows7.
    - Fixed bug: Potential conflict with regular explorer use when opening multiple files or other shell extensions such as 7-zip.
    - Fixed bug: UI should now appear properly when done from clean install.
    - Fixed bug: No hangs due to looping junctions should happen anymore.
    - Fixed bug: Deleting junctions will not erase original files anymore.
    - Fixed bug: Managing your computer on Windows 7 will not crash anymore.
    - Fixed bug: Bitmap handles should not leak anymore from the shell extension.
    - Fixed bug: Many other potential sources of bugs and crashes.
    - Improved behavior: When deleting files they will be sent first to the recycle bin if possible, only if not possible more abrasive deletion will be used.
    - Improved behavior: Unlocker can be started directly from the start menu to browse to the desired file or folder.
    - Promotional feature: Fully optional eBay shortcuts, Bing or Quickstores toolbar depending on location.

Unlocker 1.8.8 - 26/10/2009
    - Improved behavior: Improved the way DLLs are unloaded.
    - Promotional feature: Added fully optional shortcuts to eBay during the installation. Simply untick "eBay shortcuts" in the choose components page during install if you do not wish to have those.

Unlocker 1.0 - 24/04/2005

Frequently asked questions

- My antivirus complains about Unlocker, is there any malware? No, Unlocker will always be 100% safe, check my blog for more info.

- Unlocker stopped working, what should I do? Uninstall Unlocker, reboot, delete all registry keys containing Unlocker, reboot, reinstall.

- Your site was down, is there an official mirror somewhere? http://cedrick.collomb.perso.sfr.fr/unlocker/ and I am working on a more robust long term solution.

- Does unlocker work on Windows Vista and Windows 7? Yes. If you want to disable UAC globally, go to "Control Panel" then "User Accounts" then again "User Accounts" then "Turn User Account Control" and set it to Off, then restart your computer.

- Does unlocker work on 64 bit versions of Windows? Yes, since version 1.9.0.

- Can Unlocker be run in command line? Yes! Unlocker -H for command line options.

- What is "Error Debug Privileges"? It means that your Local Security Settings do not allow a Debug Privilege for your profile. Read Microsoft's documentation and set "Debug Programs" rights.

- What is "Error Backup Privileges"? It means that your Local Security Settings do not allow a Backup Privilege for your profile. Read Microsoft's documentation and set "Back up files and directories" rights.

- How to set privileges on Windows XP home edition? Download the resource kit here and from the command line set the privileges you need: SeBackupPrivilege, SeDebugPrivilege and SeLoadDriverPrivilege. Here is the example for the debug privileges: ntrights +r SeDebugPrivilege -u YourAccountName

- How to have Unlocker Explorer extension run in silent mode? I strongly advise not to use this, you should always look which processes lock a file, because some of them might be valid. However if you wish to ignore those recommendations install this in your registry.

- How to delete index.dat? It is very simple: 1/ in explorer right click the index.dat file and chose Unlocker, 2/ Select "Delete" in left bottom corner, 3/ click "Unlock All" and you are done!

- I unlock all handles but I still can not manually delete the file, and when I try again to unlock the file unlocker find again some locks, what should I do? Select "Delete" before clicking "Unlock All".

- Why do my firewall says that Unlocker is trying to connect to the internet? Since Unlocker 1.6.5, during installation you have an option to automatically check for updates. Reinstall Unlocker without this option if you want to turn it off. For those curious Unlocker is only sending "GET /unlocker/version.txt HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: ccollomb.free.fr\r\n" and nothing else.

- How to translate Unlocker in my language? Download this file, translate it and email it at ccollomb@yahoo.com

- Is this website "http://www.pcbutts1.com/" authorised to distribute Unlocker? No it is not.

- What is Unlocker Assistant? Unlocker Assistant stays in your system tray bar and automatically launches Unlocker if you are trying to delete/rename/move a file that is locked. So for those who use Unlocker Assistant, no need to right click files or folders anymore. This feature can be deactivated during the install.

- Which visual style is used in the screenshots? Crystal dlb 2

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote