Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > PC Support Section > Computer Help

Computer Help Computer updates and Info

Old 05-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default Ubuntu 10.10 LTS Download

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Download

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...u/1097960777/1

Ubuntu is a Linux distribution that starts with the breadth of Debian and adds regular releases (every six months), a clear focus on the user and usability (it should "Just Work", TM) and a commitment to security updates with 18 months of support for every release. Ubuntu ships with the latest Gnome release as well as a selection of server and desktop software that makes for a comfortable desktop experience off a single installation CD.

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) Alpha 1

LPHA (June 3, 2010)

Linux / Open Source / 55,984 downloads

Ubuntu is a Linux distribution that starts with the breadth of Debian and adds regular releases (every six months), a clear focus on the user and usability (it should "Just Work", TM) and a commitment to security updates with 18 months of support for every release. Ubuntu ships with the latest Gnome release as well as a selection of server and desktop software that makes for a comfortable desktop experience off a single installation CD.

Enjoy

Old 10-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Doz
Maniac Drummer

How to use Linux

This guy will help peeps with there first time

Old 12-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) Alpha 1

(For more videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel and Facebook page.)

For those who haven't read our initial Unity in Ubuntu 11.04 post, there are some things you should know: Dash (the file browser / application pane) is not yet implemented. Also, Unity finally got an autohide (and float) mode.

In the video you can spot most of the changes in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal alpha 1: besides Unity (which is now using Compiz instead of Mutter - you can enable / disable Unity from the CompizConfig Settings Manager), the notification area is gone, there's the new Network Indicator (which is required now that there's no more notification area) and some minor changes to the Ubuntu Software Center.

Unity changes (since our last Unity post):
  • changing the icon theme will also change the icons in the Unity launcher ("dock") - this wasn't working in 10.10. Unfortunately the icons only change after a log out and I can't do that and keep recording (and if I disable and re-enable Unity, it crashes).
  • the number of open windows is indicated by dots under the icon on the Unity Launcher. Clicking an icon for an application that has more then one window open will trigger an expose effect for the windows
  • right now, clicking the Ubuntu logo will launch Nautilus (applications folder) instead of Dash (about a week ago, this button did nothing). This should change in Alpha 2.

Also, since I've last tested Unity, some bugs have been fixed: there are no more Gnome panels (initially, both Gnome panels showed up even though I was running Unity - the top panel wasn't visible, but it was there, behind the Unity panel) and the quicklists now work.