Fans Site for Avatar

http://www.naviblue.com/

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #12
Doz
Maniac Drummer

James Cameron to write novel based on Avatar

James Cameron to write novel based on Avatar
Avatar director James Cameron's planned book will not be a novelisation, but a 'big, epic story that fills in a lot of things

James Cameron is planning to write a novel based on his film Avatar. Photograph: Ho/Reuters

Avatar fans desperate for a deeper insight into the world of the Na'vi are set for a treat after director James Cameron revealed he is planning to write a novel based on the box office hit.
  1. Avatar
  2. Production year: 2009
  3. Country: USA
  4. Cert (UK): 12A
  5. Runtime: 161 mins
  6. Directors: James Cameron
  7. Cast: CCH Pounder, Giovanni Ribisi, Michelle Rodriguez, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Zoe Saldana
  8. More on this film

The prequel, which would mark the director's debut as a novelist, will go into depth about the previous lives of characters. "It would be something that would lead up to telling the story of the movie, but it would go into much more depth about all the stories that we didn't have time to deal with – like the schoolhouse and Sigourney [Weaver's character] teaching at the schoolhouse; Jake on Earth and his backstory and how he came here; [the death of] Tommy, Jake's brother; and Colonel Quaritch, how he ended up there and all that," the film's producer Jon Landau told MTV.
The book will not be a novelisation, Landau insisted. "A novelisation basically retells the story of the movie. Jim wants to write a novel that is a big, epic story that fills in a lot of things," he said, adding that the book should be available by the end of 2010. Cameron himself later confirmed the news to the Wall Street Journal.
"There are things you can do in books that you can't do with films," he said. "I told myself, if [the film] made money, I'd write a book." At the end of January, Avatar took over from Cameron's previous film, Titanic, as the top-grossing movie of all time.
Landau told MTV that if Cameron's novel is a success, they might look at allowing other authors to write books about the world. "We certainly have stories that are set before the movie opens and after," he said. "I think that what we want to do is find out what mediums those stories are best told in. There might be opportunities in publishing to tell some of the backstory, tell some of the earth war stories, what went on in Jake's life before the movie. And we'd have that lead up to the sequel that might take place on Pandora several years after our movie closed."
They may not, however, be approaching any Russian writers, after Cameron was forced to reject claims in Russian papers that Avatar owed an unacknowledged debt to Soviet fantasy writers Arkady and Boris Strugatsky and their creation, The World of Noon, which is set on the planet Pandora and follows the lives of humanoid inhabitants the Nave.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #14
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default Making of Avatar

Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #15
Doz
Maniac Drummer

http://avatar2movie.blogspot.com/

Old 04-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Check it out

http://www.avatarmovie.com/

Old 06-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #17
Doz
Maniac Drummer

More Avatar info

http://www.avatarmovie.com/avatarprogram/exclusives/

Old 09-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #18
Doz
Maniac Drummer

James Cameron Avatar sequel going to Challenger Deep

Cameron plans to shoot the Avatar sequel below water.

Not just below water either, but in the very depths of the ocean as it seems Cameron wants to combine the movie with a bid to make two manned dives to Challenger Deep, 6.8 miles down, and the deepest point in all of the world’s oceans that has ever been surveyed, according to Samuel Axon over on Mashable. An award that’s given to privately-funded pioneers and explorers, known as the X-Prize, is up for grabs and it’s worth $10 million, although that amount would be a drop in the ocean (excuse the pun) for Cameron compared to the price of making his movies.

Cameron is actually having a bespoke submarine built right now for filming the next Avatar epic, to be set in the oceans of Pandora, a planet from the first movie, according to the Daily Mail. Goodness knows how much it will cost to make the Avatar sequel but as the original Avatar film made almost $2 billion at the box office, Cameron probably has the clout to pull it off.

Amazingly since Jacques Piccard and Don Walsh journeyed to Challenger Deep 50 years ago, nobody has since completed a manned attempt and the X-Prize will be awarded to the first privately-funded crew to complete two manned dives to Challenger Deep, to commemorate the voyage half a century ago.

For more on this go to mashable.com. This seems like a truly remarkable venture from James Cameron
and a real bid to make history while making a movie at the same time. We’d be interested in your thoughts on this so please do send in your comments.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
Doz
Maniac Drummer

The Avatar Extended 3 Disc

Price: $19.99 Free Standard Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-Three-D...f=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Old 07-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Avatar 2 and 3 Not a Traditional Trilogy Says James Cameron

Director James Cameron is currently writing the sequel scripts for Avatar 2 and Avatar 3, which will be released in 2014 and 2015. The filmmaker revealed his Pandora franchise won't necessarily be a trilogy, and confirmed that all of the characters who lived in Avatar will return for the sequels.

We're shooting two films back-to-back, so I'm writing two scripts, not one, which will complete a free-film story arc - not really a trilogy, but just an overall character arc so I'm pretty excited about that. We're doing a lot of preliminary work right now on new software and new animation techniques and so on. We're creating a new facility in Manhattan Beach so everybody that's not already dead is coming back."

We reported last month that Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 will be shot at the enormous MBS Media Campus in Manhattan Beach, California. Producer Jon Landau indicated the sequels could created up to 700 jobs, and also talked about the studio's flexibility.

Another thing the Manhattan Beach studio affords us is the ability to expand. Should we need to pick up and do a live action shoot, should we need more space, they have it."

James Cameron also spoke about the pressure of living up to Avatar, the highest-grossing movie of all time, although he is used to the pressure by now.

"There's always an expectation. I had to deal with that after The Terminator back in 1984. All of a sudden I had a big hit movie and it was 'what are you doing next?' But my job is take the audience on a journey and entertain them," he said. "The second I am sitting down writing, I just go to Pandora. I don't think about that stuff, about standing on a red carpet. It has its own life, really. The characters have their own lives."

Avatar 2 is due out in December 2016, with Avatar 3 coming in December 2017 and Avatar 4 tentatively releasing December 2018.

More info
http://www.avatar-forums.com/avatar-2-news-updates/