Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > PC Support Section > Entertainment

Entertainment Place to post Movies and good things

Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default TV Show Overhaulin AWESOME

http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/overhaulin

The show's hosts are automobile designer Chip Foose and co-host Chris Jacobs; the creator and producer was Bud Brutsman.

The show's premise was that an unknowing "victim" – the mark, in the show's language — is nominated to be "Overhauled" by his or her family or friends, the insiders. The mark's car, usually an old and tired antique car, was obtained through some ruse. Some common examples included the car being "stolen" by Chris and Chip, a car being misplaced or lost at a mechanic's shop, or the car being towed away by "police."

An integral part of the show was when the two co-hosts play tricks on the unsuspecting mark, sometimes acting in roles of insurance adjusters or law enforcement agents, other times helping the insider, while Chip Foose and a team of mechanics – dubbed "The A-Team" – have a week to remake the car into a custom masterpiece. Each show ended with the surprise reuniting of owner and newly made-over car.

I Love this Show since I for one would have loved to have gotten my fathers 1967 Mustang. But Fate stepped in and when Poppa was coming home from work one night. A dump truck ran a red light and knocked him into a telephone pole. The pretty Yellow mustang we loved was totaled. I was to gett the car for my 17th birthday. This happen 1 week before my birthday and Poppa had the Mustang all polished up for me. He just tuned it up.

I watch Overhaulin and love seeing happy people. Thank you to the Overhaulin Crew. You Rock

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote