Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Main Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion Anything and Everything. Just keep it clean.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #131
Doz
Maniac Drummer

NASA's space shuttle fleet began setting records with its first launch on April 12, 1981 and continued to set high marks of achievement and endurance through 30 years of missions. Starting with Columbia and continuing with Challenger, Discovery, Atlantis and Endeavour, the spacecraft has carried people into orbit repeatedly, launched, recovered and repaired satellites, conducted cutting-edge research and built the largest structure in space, the International Space Station. The final space shuttle mission, STS-135, ended July 21, 2011 when Atlantis rolled to a stop at its home port, NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

As humanity's first reusable spacecraft, the space shuttle pushed the bounds of discovery ever farther, requiring not only advanced technologies but the tremendous effort of a vast workforce. Thousands of civil servants and contractors throughout NASA's field centers and across the nation have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to mission success and the greater goal of space exploration.

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #132
Doz
Maniac Drummer

America is a giant leap closer to developing a new, made-in-the-USA spacecraft to launch astronauts into space once again.

The Dragon capsule from Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) returned successfully from the first private cargo mission in Oct. 2012, making it a clear leader in the race to build a spacecraft suitable for humans. But oddsmakers are scrambling to revise the leaderboard: Lockheed Martin just announced it would join forces with Sierra Nevada to build the competition, the futuristic Dream Chaser.

The Dream Chaser is the only spacecraft with wings. It can carry as many as seven astronauts to space and is designed to land on a conventional runway. Along with the CST-100 capsule from Boeing, these three shuttles are locked in a race to bring manned spaceflight back to the U.S.

Dream Chaser, for example, completed its helicopter drop test in late 2012 and has a suborbital test scheduled for this year and an orbital test in 2014. SpaceX is planning for a pad abort test and in-flight abort test, while Boeing will be verifying its spacecraft and launch vehicle compatibility.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #133
Doz
Maniac Drummer

One of these 3 Space vessels will be our next Shuttle replacement

SpaceX's Dragon V2

Boeing's CST-100

Sierra Nevada's Dream Chaser

Old 12-20-2017, 10:51 PM   #134
Doz
Maniac Drummer

SpaceX Falcon Heavy : December Launch at Cape Canaveral

Old 02-06-2018, 08:28 PM   #135
Doz
Maniac Drummer

USA is back in Space Business

I was driving home from Orlando when at 3:45 PM i see this huge Rocket going up. Everyone was on the road side pointing up. WOW

Enjoy the YouTube and see STARMAN is his Tesla

Space X

When Falcon Heavy lifts off, it will be the most powerful operational rocket in the world by a factor of two. With the ability to lift into orbit nearly 64 metric tons (141,000 lb)---a mass greater than a 737 jetliner loaded with passengers, crew, luggage and fuel--Falcon Heavy can lift more than twice the payload of the next closest operational vehicle, the Delta IV Heavy, at one-third the cost. Falcon Heavy draws upon the proven heritage and reliability of Falcon 9. Its first stage is composed of three Falcon 9 nine-engine cores whose 27 Merlin engines together generate more than 5 million pounds of thrust at liftoff, equal to approximately eighteen 747 aircraft. Only the Saturn V moon rocket, last flown in 1973, delivered more payload to orbit. Falcon Heavy was designed from the outset to carry humans into space and restores the possibility of flying missions with crew to the Moon or Mars.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #136
Doz
Maniac Drummer

SpaceX is targeting Monday, April 2 for an instantaneous launch of its fourteenth Commercial Resupply Services mission (CRS-14)

Old 05-22-2018, 06:23 PM   #137
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Old 11-24-2019, 11:50 PM   #138
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Meet Dream Chaser, The Next-Generation Space Plane