Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Main Forums > HEALTH INFO

HEALTH INFO Health info to help you

Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default H1N1 Flu & Flu season updates: Situation Update

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm

Key Flu Indicators

Each week CDC analyzes information about influenza disease activity in the United States and publishes findings of key flu indicators in a report called FluView. During the week of February 7 – February 13, 2010, most key flu indicators remained about the same as during the previous week. Below is a summary of the most recent key indicators:
  • Visits to doctors for influenza-like illness (ILI) nationally increased slightly this week over last week, but are still low for this time of year. The national increase in ILI was driven by elevated ILI in regions 4, 7, and 9. Region 4 is comprised of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Region 7 is comprised of Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, and region 9 is comprised of Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada
  • Laboratory-confirmed hospitalizations rates have leveled off and very few hospitalizations were reported by states during the week ending February 13.
  • The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) based on the 122 Cities Report increased slightly over the previous week but remains lower than expected for this time of year. In addition, another two flu-related pediatric deaths were reported this week: both deaths were associated with laboratory-confirmed 2009 H1N1. Since April 2009, CDC has received reports of 326 laboratory-confirmed pediatric deaths: 277 due to 2009 H1N1, 47 pediatric deaths that were laboratory confirmed as influenza, but the flu virus subtype was not determined, and two pediatric deaths that were associated with seasonal influenza viruses. (Laboratory-confirmed deaths are thought to represent an undercount of the actual number. CDC has provided estimates about the number of 2009 H1N1 cases and related hospitalizations and deaths.
  • No states reported widespread influenza activity. Three states reported regional influenza activity. They are: Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.
  • Almost all of the influenza viruses identified so far continue to be 2009 H1N1 influenza A viruses. These viruses remain similar to the virus chosen for the 2009 H1N1 vaccine, and remain susceptible to the antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir with rare exception.
*All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received.

More on the Situation

Background

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Doz
Maniac Drummer

The Flu season is upon us

Above post has links to help you

Key Flu Indicators

Each week, year-round, CDC analyzes information about influenza disease activity in the United States. Findings of key flu indicators are published in a report called FluView from October through mid-May to coincide with typical seasonal influenza activity in the United States. During the week of May 16–22, 2010, (the final FluView for the 2009-2010 influenza season) nationally all key flu indicators are low. Below is a summary of the final key indicators. Reporting for the 2010-2011 influenza season will resume in October and appear on the seasonal influenza website.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Doz
Maniac Drummer

My wife works at a hospital and seem everyone has the flu or upper respiratory infection. She was given Zithromax Z-Pak Oral. She takes 2 pills with food and then 1 pill each day for 4 days. Please note wife is a red head and they are more affected with medication.

Info you should know about Zithromax Z-Pak Oral and its side effects.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-3223...max+z-pak+oral

I hope this info helps you

Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
Doz
Maniac Drummer

With Flu season in full swing. You need to look into getting Airborne.
Please look at next post on all the info you need for Airborne.

I am taking it with my Wife running around the hose with sniffles. I wash my hands a million times then make me a cup of airborne.

Great for when you on trips and dealing with air ports.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #5
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Flu kills young adult woman in Melbourne
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...oman-Melbourne

A Brevard County woman has died from the flu and two other local flu victims are on life support, the county Health Department said Monday.

Hospitals are seeing a surge in cases, and health officials encourage people to get a flu shot to protect themselves and to reduce the spread of the disease.

The woman who died Sunday at Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne was in her mid- to late-30s, said Heidar Heshmati, director of the Health Department. He did not provide additional information about the patient.

2nd person to die in my area

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ve-baby/nctzz/

Friends of Bryan told Channel 9's Ryan Hughes that she appeared to have caught a cold during her pregnancy and then developed pneumonia following the delivery of her child. "H1N1 has complications for particular groups. Young adults and especially pregnant women are at risk for complications," said Dr. Tim Hendrix with Centra Care. Bryan, who was in her 20s.

Be smart and get your Flu shot today
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/

Info to help you stay away from the Flu

http://www.airbornehealth.com/products/

How It Works
Your immune system has a job to do.
In scientific studies and medical journals the key
ingredients in Airborne® products have been shown to
support the immune system.*

http://www.airbornehealth.com/how-it-works/

Old 01-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
Doz
Maniac Drummer

How bad is it?

Pretty bad. So far, California has recorded 95 flu-related deaths in people under age 65. Health officials say it’s likely another 51 deaths were also due to flu, but they’re still checking out those cases. If they’re confirmed, the total would be 146.

How does that compare to years past?

Worse than last year, when only nine deaths had been confirmed by this point. That entire season ended with a total of 106 deaths.

What makes this year so different?

The season ramped up a little early, health officials say. At Cedars, for example, doctors have seen a steady increase in patients since mid December. Another reason is that one of the primary strains out there is “swine flu,” also known as H1N1.

Didn’t that strain cause a pandemic?

Yes, in 2009 and 2010 it contributed to the deaths of thousands of people around the world. The strain affects younger people more often than many flu strains.

Are younger people most at risk?

In general, the very young, seniors and people with immune systems that have already been weakened by other illnesses or other medical conditions are most at risk of a severe flu.

So are we all doomed to come down with it?

No, especially if you get a flu shot. This year’s vaccine has proven to be a good match for this year’s bug. The overwhelming majority of people who have died so far as a result of the flu had not been vaccinated.

Can’t the vaccine itself make you sick?

Nope. Doctors say the shot does not contain any live virus. The nasal spray does contain a version of the live virus and can cause some cold-like symptoms, but it will not give you the flu. The Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention recommends that all people 6 months and older get vaccinated. Although there is not a 100% guarantee that you won’t get sick, officials say, it should keep the symptoms from becoming severe.

Is it too late to get a flu shot or nasal spray vaccination?

There is still time, but you had better get cracking; it takes about 10 days for the body to build up resistance to the virus, officials say. Call your doctor, visit a health clinic or even a drugstore.

Info from Link.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#ixzz2rc7DCv9L