Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Main Forums > How To Fix It

How To Fix It Place to post how to fix

Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default 1994 Mazda B3000 V6 Repair info

I used to be an Auto Mechanic and I know better but hey I am human.
I stopped listening to my car noise and I would turn the Music up to Rush or Dream Theater.

I get up for work at 4:30 AM and when I started my Car this past week I would hear a noise from the Hood and it was getting louder each day.
I popped the hood after work one day and I could not find anything unusual and even checked the belt tension.

Thursday while driving to work I go to make a turn to my work place when the dash board Red light comes on and then no power steering.
I almost did not make the turn but Angels watching over me. Probably my Pop. I made the turn and missed the house, cars and trees

I slapped the shifter into neutral so I could coast into the parking lot. I had to back in so I could work on the car later and when I stopped the car, I could smell rubber.
A million things went through my head, like I just blew the engine. I open the hood and found the Serpintin belt ripped and wrapped around the power steering.
There was power steering fluid all over. I guess when I yanked the wheel to make that turn it blew out of the reservoir.

I called the Boss and said that I needed a day to repair my car, I was worried the engine was gone.

later that day I went back under the hood and I found the problem.
Plastic Idler Pulley was broke, melted.

after spending $100 for a new Belt, Metal idler pulley, Oil and Filter and Prolong Engine treatment. I started to make the repairs.

She is back on the Road purring like a kitten.

1994 Mazda B3000 V6 with 72000 miles

So please learn from me. When you hear a noise from your Car.
Turn the radio down and find out what it is.

Or you could be on the side of the Road
I do not want that to happen to you, for it is not something you will ever want to deal with.

Life throws little things at you to test you. I still feel we live an unreal life.
Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:42 AM   #2
Arahant
Broken String

Right on man. For the past 15 years i've been driving like 80 miles a day delivering newspapers. Retired now from papers, but yeah, i know what you mean. Been stranded too many times on the side of the road because of automotive problems.. occupational hazard i guess. Probably builds character though. :P
Arahant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Doz
Maniac Drummer

For 2 year I have been driving my 94 Mazda B3000 that when you get up to 45 MPH the Truck shakes. I have good tires on it that have been balanced many times.

The Mazda B3000 is a Ford truck with Twin I Beams. A good friend told me it could be the Shocks. So I called around to see what it would cost to replace them. $400.00

I called Auto Zones and got all 4 shocks with Lifetime warranty for $129.00

I went to my Friends house that has 3 Jacks and Jack Stands and the air tools. It took us maybe 1 hour to change all 4

The Truck runs smooth now and what a difference

Old 10-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Doz
Maniac Drummer

1994 Mazda B3000 V6 stater clicks but does not Start

When I turn the key I hear a clicking sound
I tested battery at 12.4 VDC

I removed the battery and tested it at Autozone with there Battery Load machine. The battery tested fine so the problem is in the Trucks starter system.

The 1994 Mazda B3000 V6 repair manual gives you steps on how to troubleshoot but it does not give you enough info to remove the starter.

1994 Mazda B3000 V6

Remove Negative post from the battery and secure it so it does not flop back and OMG

You will want to raise the Truck up using jack with Jack stands.
Make sure to secure the Truck. Do not need it to roll over you OMG

Next you remove wires from the starter terminal post and please note Mazda did have a recall on the solenoid wire. So you will need a Heat gun for the new Shrink wrap connection when you put this back together.

The Stater Bolts at 13mm and you can use a 1/2 Socket with extension.
There are 3 bolts on the back side of the starter.

When you remove the starter there are 3 bolts to remove then the starter will drop. Take starter you removed to the Auto Parts house so they can match up the bolt holes. THIS IS HUGE.
DO NOT GUESS on the starter because This will only frustrate you and not fix the problem.

When you have the correct New starter

Take you time putting each bolt in to make sure no cross thread.
Tighten evenly and then torch wrench about 30 lbs

starter is ready to put the wires on the new starter solenoid.
Tighten each wire and double check your work.

Once you have Truck back on the ground, All tools removed. Then you put the Negative Post back on the battery.

Give the Starter a Test.

Truck Starts Smooth with no metal sound from the Fly wheel.
Smooth starter sound means the alignment is right on and you now have a 1994 Mazda B3000 V6 that starts.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Doz
Maniac Drummer

1994 Mazda B3000 Water pump replacement

May 11 coming home from work I was at a stop light and I had my windows down since A/C no longer works. I could smell radiator fluid and thought it must be car next to to me.

When the light changed green I went to shift to 1st when I hear a clank sound from the engine compartment. I took it nice and easy
I think my Poppa Angel was watching over me again. I made it home.

I got out of the truck and popped the hood. I could smell radiator fluid real strong and look like there was fluid next to water pump. I grabbed the radiator fan and it had lots of play in it. When I pulled it up , the water pump would leak big time. The Water pump bearing was shot

I called work to let them know I would not be in the next day.
I called Auto-zone parts to check on new water pump. They had one and would hold it for me.

I open the hood and began to make a plan.

Note the 1994 Mazda repair guide from the store sucks. The only one to get is the Auto Mechanic book at the dealer.

Need New water pump, new serpentine belt, High Temp Red RTV Silicone Gasket maker. New Radiator fluid and 6 pack

To replace Water Pump for 1994 Mazda B3000 V6 3.0

1. Need a box to put tools in and a bowl to put nuts and bolts in.
2. Note to keep bolts from each item you remove separated.
3. Pull battery , A/C compressor, Radiator fan and shroud.
3. Remove bolts for power steering and pulley bracket and pull it out of the way so you can get to the water pump. Note 4 bolts to remove the bracket. They put the bolt in very hard places
4. You will have to drain some radiator fluid so get a bucket
5. Once you have everything out of the way. You can begin to remove the water pump. Take it with you to the parts house to match the new one.

Nothing is worse then getting home to find its the wrong part

Now you have the new part and it time to clean the engine water pump section. Make sure to get all of the old gasket removed and prepare the surface.

Use the gasket silicone to put on the new pump, then put the gasket that came with the new water pump on. Then silicone on the gasket and prepare to install the new water pump. Make sure to put the bolts back in same pattern when you remove them. Tighten the bolts evenly. Double check your work.

Now you can begin to put all the things you removed back in it place.
Your hand will be cut so get some good mechanics gloves

When I was done, I was happy to hear that engine purr.

Cost of the repair $120 for all the parts that included new heater coil hose.

Making sure you have all you need before the install.

Note try to get the Mechanic repair book. The store generic auto repair on Mazda does not tell you enough

Keep all parts and bolts separated. Try to organize for when you put it back together.

Putting all back together, Please take breaks for it is a mother to fix it

Making sure all pulley are aligned. Note Red Battery cable removed from battery post

Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Doz
Maniac Drummer

I've talked to 2 friends that also lost a water pump.

Note if you take it in to a dealer to repair.
It can cost you $400 to $600

I did it for $120 and that also replaced belt and hose.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Time to say good bye to my 1994 Mazda B3000 with 72,000 and my Wife's 1997 KIA Sportage with 42,000.

We traded in both of our 1994 Mazda B3000 Truck 78k and my Wife's 1997 Kia Sportage 43k for a 2013 Ford Escape SE Cobalt Blue.
This past week I was going to Lowes for my honey do list . My 1997 Truck has been shutting off while driving and I was coming up on 4 way intersection when my 1994 truck shuts off in the middle of the intersection. I looked up from the gauges and saw a 18 wheel truck coming right at me. I was very lucky my B3000 truck started and I barely got out of the way. It scared the living day lights out of me. I told my Wife about it and she said it is time to get rid of both cars. We have never had a new car together in our 26 years of Marriage.
My Wife Kia Sportage has electrical and brake problems and both cars were about to make us pour more money into both vehicles. I just spent $1000 converting my 1994 Truck over from R12 to 134A. We do not have the money to throw away.
I was at the car dealers from 10 AM to 7 PM Saturday working with Boniface Mazda /Kia vs. Kelly Ford and Kelly Ford won the battle. My Blue Baby gets 26 mpg in the City and 33 MPG on the highway and has all the tech toys inside. It was a no brainier to get rid of 2 old cars for 1 new car and my Auto Insurance dropped $50 and this made our payment 201.00 a month 36 months lease. I can buy Blue Baby for 15K or sell, trade or walk away after 3 years. I now breath easier when my Wife drives to work. Baby Blue is her car. I will be lucky to drive and keep it shinny.

Looking to lease and here is info
http://www.leaseguide.com/lease08.htm

Say Hello to my Blue Baby

Old 09-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
PDragon
DragonLord

Nice!!!! Congrats on the new Baby!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
Doz
Maniac Drummer

When I was at the Ford dealership they had a 2014 Shelby Cobra Mustang Red with white stripes for 70K fully loaded. They told me this is the last Shelby Cobra line to be made since Mr Shelby past away.

Here is a link to see this awesome car. If I ever won the loto. This is what I would buy.

Shelby Cobra 2014 Mustang

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/trim/shelbygt500/