Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Main Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion Anything and Everything. Just keep it clean.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #11
RMRanger
Electric

A Greek and an Irishman

A Greek and an Irishman were sitting in a Starbuck's cafe one day discussing who had the superior culture.

Over triple lattes the Greek guy says, “Well, we Greeks built the Parthenon,” arching his eyebrows.

The Irishman then replies, “Well... it was the Irish that discovered the Summer and Winter Solstices!”

The Greek retorts, “We Greeks gave birth to advanced mathematics!”

The Irishman, nodding in agreement, says, “Irish were the ones who built the first timepieces and calendars!”

And so on until the Greek comes up with what he thinks will end the discussion.

With a flourish of finality he says, “The Greeks were the ones who invented sex!”

The Irishman replies, “Indeed, that is true, but it was we Irish who introduced it to women!”
RMRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #12
RMRanger
Electric

A little boy wanted $100.00
very badly and prayed for
weeks, but nothing happened.
Then he decided to write God a
letter requesting the $100.00.
When the postal authorities received
the letter to God , CANADA, they
decided to send it to the Prime Minister
The Prime Minister was so amused
that he instructed his secretary to
send the little boy a $5.00 bill.
The Prime Minister thought this would
appear to be a lot of money to a little boy.
The little boy was delighted with the
$5.00 bill and sat down to write a
thank-you note to God, which read:
Dear God: Thank you very much for
sending the money. However, I noticed
that for some reason you sent it through
OTTAWA, CAN and those assholes
deducted $95.00 in taxes.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #13
RMRanger
Electric

A little boy called Sam

Once, in the 1820's, a little boy called Sam was playing in the yard behind his house. During his pretend fighting game, he knocked over the outhouse. Now Sam was upset and worried that he would get into trouble so he ran into the woods and didn't come out until after got dark. When he arrived back home, his pappy was waiting for him. He asked suspiciously, "Son, did you knock over the outhouse this afternoon?"

"No, pappy," Sam lied.

"Well, let me tell you a story," said the father. "Once, not that long ago, Mr Lincoln received a shiny new axe from his father. Excited, he tried it out on a tree, swiftly cutting it down. But as he looked at the tree, with dismay he realized it was his mother's favorite cherry tree," his pappy paused." just like you, he ran into the woods. When he returned, his pappy asked, 'Abraham, did you cut down the cherry tree?' Abraham answered with, 'Father, I cannot tell a lie. I did indeed chop down the tree.' Then his father said, 'Well, since you were honest with me, you are spared from punishment. I hope you have learned your lesson, though.' So," the Sam's father asked again," did you knock down the outhouse?"

"Pappy, I cannot tell a lie any more." said the little boy. "I did indeed knock down the outhouse."

Then his pappy father spanked Sam boy red, white, and blue. The boy whimpered, "Pappy, I told you the truth! Why did you spank me?"

Pappy answered, "That's because Abraham Lincoln's father wasn't in the tree when he chopped it down!"
Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #14
RMRanger
Electric

A Man,His wife and a cop

A man who is driving a car is stopped by a police officer. The following exchange takes place .....
The man says: What's the problem officer?
Officer: You were going at least 75 in a 55 zone.
Man: No sir. I was going 65.
Wife: Oh, Harry. Your were going 80!
(Man gives his wife a dirty look)
Officer: I'm also going to give you a ticket for your broken tail light.
Man: Broken tail light? I didn't know about a broken tail Light!
Wife: Oh, Harry, you've known about that tail light for weeks.
[Man gives his wife a dirty look.]
Officer: I'm also going to give you a citation for not wearing your seat belt.
Man: Oh, I just took it off when you were walking up to the car.
Wife: Oh, Harry, you never wear your seat belt.
Man: turns to his wife and yells - "Shut your damn mouth!"
Officer turns to the woman and asks: "Ma'am, does your husband talk to you this way all the time?"
Wife: No, only when he's been drinking."
Old 09-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #15
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Very Nice RMR

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
RMRanger
Electric

You're very welcome m8, will post 6 or 7 a week, don't want to flood the thread. :)
Old 09-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Hurricane Story from a friend when Hurricane Frances hit us in 2004

Terry's slant on the hurricane.
All the smart people ran for the hills. That means only the dumb ones were left, and here is my story.

I stayed to 'experience' the hurricane. Wind, driving rain, leaning into the wind, riding a bike with the 50 MPH wind, all sounded good to me and quite mature. I tried to get Teresa to go with her daughter to Tampa, but she wouldn't do it. She wanted to 'stand by her man' (but I bet she will be running from that fool next time). One of the goals in her life is to keep me safe, why? I don't know. I had a sneaking suspicion that she was going to try and ruin my hurricane celebration.

I boarded the places up pretty well. That was BEFORE I got survival supplies; cases of beer, two quarts of rum and mixer. I put the .357 mag in the middle of the supplies in case someone wanted to cause trouble or have some fun at target practice on empty rum bottles later. Oh yeah, I got flashlights, batteries and water as an afterthought.

I strapped my dock furniture to the pilings so that it would not blow away. Little did I realize that the decking would be destroyed and the furniture would be dangling from the poles, flapping like a flag in the wind. I found the furniture in pieces on the shore about 100 yards north, along with the remaining parts of the dock. My neighbor's jet ski was there also. It seems that I had won the bet on whether the ski would stay on his dock or get blown away. Score one for me. He was so stupid for leaving. He could have stayed and watched the ski get torn apart.

I got the generator out and put gas in it, along with duct tape, the compressor and nail gun. Ready to rock. The first 24 hours were easy, just 50-60 MPH winds out of the northeast that were moving the plywood on the windows about an inch. That just required a wide eyed glance every so often (when Teresa wasn't looking 'cause I didn't want to scare her, I had enough fear to go around). Then it was 12 hours of 85-105 MPH winds, 'move to the back of the house'.

It seems that several people in the area had purchased 40 foot sail boats that were somehow a cross between a water and terrestrial source of joy, for after the boats pulled themselves free of their tie downs, they wound up resting on the rocks in unusual positions. Someone's dock was flying by and temporarily blocked my view of the hurricane's fury. Luckily one of the sailboats stopped the wayward dock's progress up river.

Normally, where I live the river is 4 feet deep at the seawall and the seawall is 4 feet high. The waves were now a mere 6 feet above the seawall. These waves were the source of several noteworthy events. First the salt water would hit the seawall and go vertical for 20 feet, then caught by the wind, they would travel horizontal for 100 feet. Waves make a strange sound when they are passing by at 100 MPH. Twelve hours of 10 foot waves have done me a great service. I wanted a swimming pool that looked out over the intercoastal. Now, thanks to Frances, I have the 30X8X3 beginnings of an in-ground pool. My house looks OK covered in seaweed, not too bad, newest trend in design.

I used a nail gun with case hardened nails to attach the plywood to the block house. Worked great, went real quick and was strong, what a smart guy. So strong that one of the cement blocks broke under the pressure of the wind. So there was this two inch gap between the plywood and the house and the wind was howling in. I had to fix this before the plywood let the whole of the eastern hemisphere's air supply into my little house. There is a substance called Great Stuff that is basically a spray foam insulation that dries quickly and is very sticky when released from the container. I knew this, everyone knows this, I thought. With my great intellect going for me and all the hurricane experience I had, it should be a snap to seal this wind tunnel. I pointed the nozzle at the opening and let her go. It was immediately caught by the wind and deposited back in my face, on the curtains, floor and furniture. Not one speck stayed on the plywood or block. Get me a smarter idea, I demanded. So out the door I went, got a ladder and tried to stand on it, hold the wall, screw a top plate on the plywood and maintain my balance at the same time with a 50 MPH wind. I looked like I was doing it to a football, but my mission was successful. I attached the top plate and had Teresa spray the foam into the crevasse from the inside. She, being unaccustomed to the foam, saw that the foam was not sticking well enough and she used her hands to shove the foam into place. When I got back into the house, her fingers were stuck together like a pancake and she was yelling that her hands were welded shut. 'Try some finger nail polish remover', says I, since there always seems to be gallons of that available and never anything useful like turpentine. She made the critical error of grabbing cotton balls to drench with remover just like she does with her normal three times daily finger nail polish removal routine. Her hands looked like white bunny mittens. "Sic semper tyrannis".

I managed to sneak out of the house to look at the storm several times. Very interesting, trees broken wind driven rain, my shed lifting off the ground and landing high on a telephone pole. Some of the stuff in the shed was sitting neatly on the base, other treasures, like coolers, ironing boards, pictures of landscapes, fake flowers, etc, were strewn up to the road, where the crack ho's thought it was Christmas. They can't take off for the hurricane.

Each time I was gone for over 3ms, I heard the call of 'don't leave me here alone'. How can I be macho if the little woman keeps me on such a tight leash? I need some more of the survival supplies. One bottle of rum gone, can't make it much longer.

Which somehow reminds me of the drunk guy three doors down that came to visit during the storm. Obviously, he had too much time to prepare and bought too many survival supplies. He was going to save everyone because he could "carry 15 people on his back and swim across the river while holding his breath". Sure buddy, only I can do that. That's what cheap booze will do to you. You will brave 80 MPH hurricane winds to talk to someone you don't know and brag about your male prowess (I'm talking about me, not that other loooooser). This storm is lasting way too long.

The time was 6:30 AM. After 26 hours, it happened. A large black object appeared across the rear window and simultaneously a ferocious sound was heard. The roof to the office had finally succumbed to the inevitable. Howling wind and sheets of rain were pouring into the small office that contained my life's work, which was nothing of value really. The rain started on its destructive course. The ceiling fell in at 7:00 AM very near my head. I had been trying to broom the water out the front door, no good I thought, since the water level was rising instead of falling. More bad news from Teresa. Water in the living room! I made a set of river banks out of blankets to direct the living room torrents to the office where those waters would be rejoined to continue their journey to the carport. Water was streaming out of the living room ceiling fan. I was beaten, I admit to giving up, no wait just a dog gone minute, I don't give up. I got all the files and furniture out of the office and piled it up in the kitchen. I piled the living room up on one couch and used several pairs of Teresa's shoes to prop up the one couch that was touching the floor. Now to deal with this small water problem, open the door and let it flow through the blanket river.

More falling sheetrock at 1:30 AM. The storm had lessened and was a mere 30 mph with rain. The crash in the office got me out of bed. I backed the truck up to the door and started tearing sheetrock out of the house. I was not going to let the storm have the pleasure of destroying my house, I would do it first. Luckily there was no one around to hear the vulgarity that I was screaming. Then calm came over me as I thought about how I had denied the storm the glory of house destruction, but then I thought 'how will the insurance guys view my actions?'.

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
RMRanger
Electric

LMSAO...good one Doz, specially the last part about the insurance...lmao
Old 09-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
RMRanger
Electric

Default Childbirth At 65

With all the new technology regarding fertility recently, a 65-year-old friend of mine was able to give birth. When she was discharged from the hospital and went
Home, I went to visit.

'May I see the new baby?' I asked

'Not yet,' She said 'I'll make coffee and we can chat for a while first.'

Thirty minutes had passed, and I asked, 'May I see the new baby now?'

'No, not yet,' She said.

After another few minutes had elapsed,

I asked again, 'May I see the baby now?'

'No, not yet,' replied my friend.

Growing very impatient, I asked, 'Well, when can I see the baby?'

'WHEN HE CRIES!' she told me.

'WHEN HE CRIES?' I demanded. 'Why do I have to wait until he CRIES?'

'BECAUSE I FORGOT WHERE I PUT HIM, O.K.?!!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #20
RMRanger
Electric

Default Top 10 Comedy Acts

10. Demetri Martin – Large Pad

9. Jim Gaffigan – Holiday Traditions

8. Steven Wright – The Complete Works

7. Chris Rock – Crazy Kids

6. Mitch Hedberg Stand-up

5. Jim Carrey – Canada

4. Lewis Black on Nuclear Holocaust

3. Louis CK – Children and Their Secrets

2. Dave Chappelle – Sesame Street

1. George Carlin on Our Similarities

And at number 1, the best comedian of all-time as far as I’m concerned, Mr. George Carlin. I was lucky enough to see George in person before he “passed away” and he did not disappoint. In this video, he talks about those little things that we all have in common. Pure genius.

Last edited by RMRanger; 09-18-2010 at 02:35 AM.