Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Music Central > Musician Section

Musician Section For Musicians and peeps that love music.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Old 08-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Heart - Red Velvet Car

Release Date: 08-31-2010

Ann Wilson and her sister Nancy first showed the world that women can rock when their band Heart stormed the charts in the 70s with songs like Crazy On You, Magic Man, and Barracuda, and many more. They continued topping the charts through the 80s and into the 90s with huge hits like These Dreams, Alone, What About Love, If Looks Could Kill, Never, and a string of other hits that showcased the sisters enormous talents. Along the way, Heart sold more than 30 million records, had 21 Top 40 hits, sold out arenas worldwide, and had a profound influence on rock music.

Red Velvet Car — the most personal and powerful work yet from Ann and Nancy Wilson, and their first album in 6 years — takes generations of Heart fans on what truly feels like the musical ride of a lifetime. Powerfully produced by Ben Mink, Red Velvet Car is a thoroughly electrifying song cycle of largely acoustic-based sound and a stunning album with a true and renewed sense of purpose. Ann and Nancy committed themselves to writing and recording an album that was as authentic as possible, culling from their own personal experiences and some universal themes. The result on Red Velvet Car is an album of breathtaking intimacy and honesty.

Tracklist:
1. There You Go 3:36
2. WTF 3:26
3. Red Velvet Car 2:58
4. Queen City 4:16
5. Hey You 4:13
6. Wheels 3:05
7. Safronias Mark 3:53
8. Death Valley 3:52
9. Sunflower 3:42
10. Sand 4:06

Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #14
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Wife and I going to see Heart in Concert Nov 3rd, 2012 in Melbourne Florida

One of my dreams before I die would be seating on the drums, playing for Ann & Nancy. You Rock ladies and will always be in my HEART.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #16
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Album Review: Heart “Fanatic”

This year has been a great year to celebrate rock n’ roll. Bands of the 60s are celebrating 50 years since the 1962 British invasion of The Beatles, followed by the Stones, The Kinks, The Who, and on and on. And the bands that came after them in the ‘70s are celebrating their 40th. Bands like Queen, Yes, Asia and the other monster groups that made up Progressive Rock and the other genres of the’70s have been at it for 40 years and are releasing career retrospectives, box sets and new studio albums. Other artists that were members of great bands are releasing solo projects. Donald Fagan from Steely Dan, Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull has released Thick As A Brick 2.

HEART-FANATIC-cover

Today, I want to review three albums, two by the same artist (Jeff Lynne’s Long Wave & his remix of the astounding ELO Greatest Hits album Mr. Blue Sky - The Very Best of Electric Light Orchestra,) but first one of, if not the greatest female led rock groups of all time. Heart. Heart led by sisters Ann & Nancy Wilson have combined the two. They released the great box set, Heart: Strange Euphoria back in the summer. They’ve also got a book out; Kicking & Dreaming: A Story of Heart, Soul, and Rock & Roll. And a new studio album proving these ladies can still rock hard and still deliver a soulful rock ballad.

The book is great. Probably the most honest and introspective biographies since Eric Clapton’s memoir, and that is saying a bunch. I’ll be reviewing it separately when I am finished but even having read just the first half, I am amazed. First, I am amazed to look back at all their successes. It’s easy to forget. Music has changed so much in my life time and rock music has led the way. All the great tunes Heart turned out over the decades;” Magic Man” from the first album , Dreamboat Annie which showed you could rock out and sing ballads, "Crazy on You" (number 35, 1976), “the ode to the press that suggested the sisters were more than sisters, “Barracuda," Little Queen, "How Can I Refuse", "These Dreams,” “Even It Up,” and many more songs that have become FM Radio staples.

Fanatic , Heart's 14th studio album, hit the streets on October 2nd and fans will be glad to know there is no sign that these ladies can’t still rock out. From the title track, which bats lead-off, “Fanatic” is a celebration of the Wilson's life spirit: Ann and Nancy are ‘fanatics’ about love, art, truth, and the belief that they can do anything together they set their minds to.

For more info and buying there Alblum

http://www.heart-music.com/welcome.html

Old 11-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Best buy

Heart
Fanatic

New Album

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fanatic+...eart&lp=1&cp=1

Track 11, 12 and 13