Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Music Central > Musician Section

Musician Section For Musicians and peeps that love music.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default Rock News on Aerosmith

Joe Perry has exclusively told Classic Rock that Steven Tyler will remain a member of Aerosmith, even though another singer is being brought in.The guitarist now says of the situation: “Steven hasn’t quit the band, nor have we sacked him. We’re taking the attitude that he’s going on a vacation from Aerosmith. While he’s away working on other projects, the rest of us (Perry, guitarist Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton and drummer Joey Kramer) want to carry on playing live. So we will be bring another singer to make this happen.

“We’re not daft enough to think we can replace Steven, and that’s not our plan. But after 40 years of working together we just don’t wanna stop. How long with Steven be away? He says it’ll be two years, but I believe he’ll be back a lot sooner. It may end up that we only do 10 shows with the new person!”

Perry also commented on those singers currently beingÂ*linked with the Aerosmith slot.

“Every day there appears to be a new name mentioned. All that happens is that someone puts a suggestion on the internet, it’s picked up by others, and within 24 hours that person is the singer we’ve chosen! The reality is that we know a lot of vocalists, and have sounded out some of them as to whether they’d be interested in joining the band. Right now, no-one’s been offered the job.

“The four of us talk all the time on the phone, and we will get down to making the choice after I finish my tour with the Joe Perry Project. As it stands, we are open to all possibilities. We may even choose a female vocalist. Why not? There are some women out there with great voices.”

Aerosmith aim to sort out the situation in the Spring, and get back on the road in the Summer. And Perry hopes the new, temporary line-up will also do some songs the band haven’t done for years.

“All I can say is that this should be a really exciting time for the band. It’s a chance to do something a little different, before Steven returns.”

Read a major in-depth interview with Perry in the current issue of Classic Rock – on sale now.

More info Here

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...-in-aerosmith/

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Steven Tyler returns for Aerosmith tour

Tyler, who had a stint in rehab and was due to be replaced, appeared in a video with his bandmates and joked: "I just auditioned and I got the gig!"
"We're coming and everything is set at eleven," added guitarist Joe Perry. The tour begins in June.
The band faced problems after Tyler fell off the stage at a gig in August.
Following the accident, the band's North America tour was shelved, and Perry complained that Tyler had sidelined Aerosmith.
In December Tyler was admitted to a clinic to deal with painkiller addiction and later said that he had no intention of quitting the rock band.
A month later, Perry announced his intention to audition for a replacement singer.

More info and Source Link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8538343.stm

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote