Forums | Albums | Social Groups

Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Main Forums > HEALTH INFO

HEALTH INFO Health info to help you

Old 05-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default Eye Care info

As you get older you find your eyes start having site issues.
Pick up a magazine to read and WHAT

Some few sites

https://www.allaboutvision.com/nutrition/lutein.htm

https://www.eyepromise.com/

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
Techman
Tech Toys

YOUR EYES over the years deal more now with light.
Computers, Phones, Tablets, IPAD, Videos games and TV

AS you get older it wears on you and then there is the PAIN

INFO TO HELP YOU

Causes of Headache Behind the Eye

Migraines

These headaches often begin with pain around your eye and temple. They can spread to the back of your head. You might also have an aura, which can include visual signs like a halo or flashing lights that sometimes come before the pain starts.

You may also have nausea, a runny nose, or congestion. You could be sensitive to light, sounds, or smells. Migraine headaches can last several hours to a few days.

Tension headaches

These are the most common types of headaches. They usually cause a dull pain on both sides of your head or across the front of your head, behind your eyes. Your shoulders and neck may also hurt. Tension headaches might last 20 minutes to a few hours.

Cluster headaches

These cause severe pain around your eyes, often around just one eye. They usually come in groups. You may have several of them every day for weeks and then not have any for a year or more before they start again.

This is when your eyes get tired from working too hard, doing things like staring at a computer screen or driving for a long time.

Other symptoms can include:

Sore, itching, burning eyes
Watery eyes
Blurred vision
Sore shoulders or back

Eyestrain isn't serious and usually goes away when you rest your eyes

Headache Behind the Eye Triggers

Different things may set off each type of headache.

You might get migraines because of:

A lack of sleep
Weather changes
Stress
Lights
Noises
Smells
Things you eat or drink, like alcohol, chocolate, or MSG
Missing a meal

Things that may give you a tension headache include:

Stress
Eyestrain
Poor posture
Problems with the muscles or joints in your neck or jaw
Fatigue
Dehydration or missing a meal
Bright sunlight
Noise
Certain smells

Cluster headaches are often triggered by alcohol, smoking, or certain medications.
Headache Behind the Eye Treatment

Learning to avoid your triggers may prevent headaches or make them less painful. If you do get one, there are many kinds of treatments.

Medication for headache behind the eye

Over-the-counter pain medicine can ease occasional headaches. It may even help with migraines if you take it early enough. Doctors often recommend acetaminophen (Tylenol) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve). But remember that taking them too often can trigger overuse headaches.

If you get frequent tension headaches, your doctor may prescribe medication. Antidepressants like amitriptyline (Elavil) help many people.

Sometimes, prescription drugs are the only things that will ease migraine pain. Some of the most common are triptans such as almotriptan (Axert), eletriptan (Relpax), rizatriptan (Maxalt), sumatriptan (Imitrex), and zolmitriptan (Zomig). They help most people within 2 hours if taken early enough. People who get chronic migraines often take medicine like beta-blockers or antidepressants every day to help cut back on how many they have.

Breathing pure oxygen may bring relief of cluster headaches. Injected triptans like sumatriptan and lidocaine nose drops might also help. Some people take medicines such as verapamil (Calan, Verelan) or prednisone to prevent attacks.

Treat a sinus headache by clearing up the infection. Your doctor might suggest antibiotics and decongestants.

Home remedies for headache behind the eye

Caffeine or ice packs may help with migraine pain.

For a tension headache, try a heating pad or a warm shower, or rest until the headache goes away. It can also help to find better ways to handle stress. Learn relaxation techniques like yoga or deep breathing. Try not to skip meals or get too tired.

When you have a sinus infection, breathe in warm, moist air from a vaporizer or a pot of boiling water to ease congestion. Warm compresses can also help.

If your eyes are often strained, take breaks and blink more. Artificial tears may also refresh your eyes. Check with your doctor to make sure your vision prescription is up to date, and ask about exercises to strengthen eye muscles.

Home remedies for headache behind the eye

> Caffeine or ice packs may help with migraine pain. For a tension headache, try a heating pad or a warm shower, or rest until the headache goes away. It can also help to find better ways to handle stress. Learn relaxation techniques like yoga or deep breathing.

Techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 03:45 PM   #3
Doz
Maniac Drummer

When you got to get new Eye Glass << Me

You can add-on Blue light protection from all those iPad, iPhone, Android, PC and your big screen TV.

If you work on a PC all day. Then look into get Computer Glasses with the Blue light.

If your a gamer like me. Having a big screen is nice. But I see many times my eye get tired faster as I get older.

I have a new pair of PC glasses coming with the blue light add-on.

I will let you all know how it feels.

Sharing is caring

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote