Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > PC Support Section > Entertainment

Entertainment Place to post Movies and good things

Old 08-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Default Movie Talk

Back on the Big Screen in 3D with NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN Footage

Sturbeast added to the Avatar Special Edition

Avatar is back in theaters today with an addition nine minutes of never-before-seen footage reinstated back into the original body of the movie. It has also been announced that when the Special Edition versions of the DVD and Blu-ray hit in November, there will be another all-new seven minutes of footage added to what we'll be seeing this weekend, for a version of Avatar that is a full sixteen-minutes longer than what was formerly released this past December.

We know from earlier reports what we're going to see in this new theatrical footage that has been added, but what about the additional scenes being brought back into the DVD and Blu-ray release? In speaking with Oregon Live, James Cameron announced for the first time what, exactly, he was adding back into the upcoming home market version of the Special Edition.

The biggest change will be that he is bringing back the original Earthbound opening of the film, which begins on what has been called a "polluted, dystopian Earth". There will also be at least forty-five minutes of unfinished deleted scenes.

Here is what James Cameron had to say about this impending Blu-ray/DVD release:

"If you buy the box set in November, you can sit down, and in a continuous screening of the film, watch it with the Earth opening. In November, you can buy a box set with all the bells and whistles. It's got like 45 minutes of unfinished deleted scenes that exist in a supplement where you can just play the scenes individually...On the whole Earth opening, the visual effects weren't done, and we had to go back and spend a million bucks or whatever to get those shots done...But you'll be able to watch a 16-minute-longer version of the film that's a nice, flowing, cohesive version of the movie. If you just want to wallow in Avatar for three hours, I can get that for you.

James Cameron went on to describe this all-new opening in detail. Here is what he told Oregon Live:

"It works very well. It just takes a long time to get the movie started. You have to be sort of predisposed to like the movie like a fan, you know what I mean? And then you can sit and you can have a great ride -- a different telling of Avatar. Not inconsistent -- it's just the stuff that happened off-camera. We call it "the Earth opening." It's about 4 1/2 minutes of stuff. And it was in for the longest time. It was very late in the day that we took it out. I walked in one day and said to my two editors, "Guys, I want each of you to cut a new version of the start of the film, Reel 1, that doesn't have any Earth in it at all." And they looked at me like I was out of my mind. And I said, "No -- it's gonna work." They had to figure out the details. I said, "Just grab a couple of things to use as flashbacks, and start it in space when Jake opens his eyes."

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Doz
Maniac Drummer

The Avengers Movie 2012
'
In the summer of 2012, Marvel Studios will release a film that is both a great gamble and crowning achievement. The Avengers, the largest ensemble superhero film produced by a major motion picture studio in cinematic history, will feature characters who have previously been showcased in their own, respective ventures (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury, Black Widow and the Hulk) and ones newly introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Hawkeye and a plethora of yet to be revealed names). Joss Whedon, of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Firefly cult fame, will direct the film, and is already deeply immersed in pre-production happenings.

After formally announcing The Avengers at last year's San Diego Comic Con with the main cast member's introductions and a teaser trailer, very little news about the film has been disclosed. Fans of the upcoming film have dealt with nonstop speculation as to who The Avengers will face in the upcoming film -- which is currently filming in New York, New Mexico and Los Angeles.

Mark Ruffalo recently stated that his character, Bruce Banner and his alter ego The Hulk, will be one of the films heroes and not its villain. Now, Tom Hiddleston has revealed that Loki -- the God of Mischief and central antagonist in this summer's Thor film -- will not be facing off against The Avengers in the summer of 2012 either.

Speaking with fans at the KAPOW convention in London today, Hiddleston hinted strongly that he is not slated to be making an appearance in The Avengers. Marvel has yet to confirm or deny that the alien race The Skrulls, who have been rumored to be making their cinematic debut in the film for close to a year now, will be included. Though at this point it seems more likely than ever the shape-shifting invaders will have a place in the story. Whether Hiddleston was just playing coy with fans or honestly does not believe he will have a role in the film is still up in the air; but according to many other sources close to the project, Loki will have an important part to play when The Avengers assembles.

The Avengers is scheduled to hit theaters on May 4th, 2012, and will unite Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders), Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) for the first time in cinematic history.

More info here
http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-m...es-rob-113703/

Old 05-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #5