Go Back   UGL - We live the Unreal Life! > Main Forums > HEALTH INFO

HEALTH INFO Health info to help you

Old 01-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #21
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Thank you Rory

1/14/2011 Friday Moffit Cancer Center

Every second was like an hour. Like a slow knife in the heart waiting
She went in 1:00 PM and was out of surgery at 3:30 PM. They came and got me.

Wife is a Red head and they are very sensitive to medicine. The Nurse told me they have done studies on why medicine affects Red heads more than others.

When I got there, Wife was asleep. The nurse told me all and went OK, but could not tell me any of the details.
When Wife woke up she was very cold, nauseous and in pain. The drugs they gave her, made her feel this way.
The cut on her back is 4.5 inches long and the cut under her arm 3.5 inches. Note they glued it, no stitches on the outside.
I saw it when one of the Doctors came to check her cuts and he moved her forward. She did not like being moved.
I had to help her get dressed and put her back in bed wrapped up in blanket to keep her warm.
I had to tell the Nurse my Wife’s IV bag was empty, Nurse was like oops.
I told the Nurse 3 times about her uncomfortably. I had to ask the Nurse 4 times about pain medicine that I had to go purchase at the Hospital Pharmacy. When I got there, there was a large line with one person working the cash register. It was 5:45 and her medicine was still not ready.
All I could think about was my wife’s pain and time ticking away and I was about to be stuck in traffic jam.

6:00 PM I got her pain medicine and then I made my way back up to wife. They moved her from the bed to a chair.
Wife knocked out was asleep from the drugs the Nurse gave her. I told the new Nurse about the IV needle was still in her hand.
The new Nurse was sweet and helped me wheelchair her down to lobby. Nurse stayed with my wife, while I went to get the Truck setup.
It was very cold out side 39 OAT. I had to work fast. I put a stepping stool down so wife could step up into the F150 Truck.
On the Road home by 6:10 PM
I-75 high way was bumper to bumper 2 MPH.
Wife was in the car seat wrapped up in a blanket and that was all that I cared about.
It was all on me to get wife and I home, and there was nothing to get in my way.
The Ford F150 Lariat 4 door Truck Danny one of my Boss loaned us was awesome

It helped me to relax and focus on the task of getting us home. Pennie and I want to thank Danny for helping us.
It was very dark on the way home and we got lost thanks to the Magellan loosing Satellite and wanting me to take a route I was not accustom too. I shut it off and told my Angels I needed there help. I saw a road I knew.

We arrived home 9:00 PM Wife was still fading in and out, I was able to get her to bed 9:30 PM
4:00 AM to 9:30 PM was the longest day for me

The 4 rescue Cats that is our kids was very happy to see us and they knew something was different and all 4 of them went right to my wife.

Note for peeps going to Hospital

1. Have power cord for Laptop
2. Have computer bag to carry everything, phones, papers, etc
3. Before surgery you will be asked to carry there clothes in a bag. No Lockers to store things. Yes you have more to do.
4. Find a seat with 110v wall outlet for Laptop, batteries do not last that long.
5. Take water for you and love one, they will need it on the drive home.
6. Make Nurse give you a puke container, just in-case for the drive home. Thank god we did not need it
7. Keep them WARM, take many blankets and pillows and be prepared.
8. Be ready, you need to be 110% Strong and Positive for them.
9. Never bitch or say anything negative to anyone. It can bite you
10 Be Smart and listen
11. Get to the hospital early and scope out the hospital, Bathroom, Food, where everything is located.

Good Luck

we all want to feel loved.

Doz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #22
Doz
Maniac Drummer

We talked to Moffit Doctor that did the surgery on 1/15/2011 morning , since I did not get too 1/14/2011 afternoon, about the 3.5 inch cut under her left arm and the 3 dots on her left breast.
He said it was to remove 3 lymph nodes from her left breast.
She has over 20 stitches inside that will dissolve on the 4.5 inch cut on the mole area
She can not move her left arm much without pain.
She is taking pain med every 4 hours.

For those going to a hospital surgery. DO NOT GO ALONE.

I made sure the Nurse was taking care of my wife and you have to fight for the person that is knocked out not knowing what is going on.
Wife does not remember talking to her Doctor after surgery

We go back Jan 31, 2011 and then we will know

Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #23
PDragon
DragonLord

I know the wait seemed like an eternity, but you were there for her. It sounds like things went well in surgery, I would imagine they would have taken much longer if not. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both, and we're glad you made it there and back safely.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:19 AM   #24
RMRanger
Electric

Believe it or not, a Harvard study released on April 17, 2007 shows that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread!

Researchers at Harvard tested the chemical THC in both lab and mouse studies. They say this is the first set of experiments to show that the compound, THC actually activates naturally produced receptors to fight off lung cancer. The researchers suggest that THC or other designer agents that activate these receptors might be used in a targeted fashion to treat lung cancer.

Although a medical substitute of THC, known as Marinol, has been used as an appetite stimulant for cancer patients and other similar treatments, few studies have shown that THC might have anti-tumor activity.

*HERE IS THE INTERESTING PART* The only clinical trial testing THC as a treatment against cancer growth was a recently completed British pilot study. For three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: THC (marijuana) helps cure cancer says Harvard study | NowPublic News Coverage

Code:
http://www.nowpublic.com/thc_marijuana_helps_cure_cancer_says_harvard_study
RMRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
RMRanger
Electric

http://www.cancertutor.com/Other/Lymphoma.html
Old 01-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #26
RMRanger
Electric

Yet another heavily FDA suppressed treatment. "The term medical marijuana took on dramatic new meaning last February, when researchers in Madrid announced they had destroyed incurable brain cancer tumors in rats by injecting them with THC, the active ingredient in cannabis. Most Americans don't know anything about the Madrid discovery. Virtually no U.S. newspapers carried the story, which ran only once on the AP and UPI news wires, on Feb. 29. The ominous part: This isn't the first time scientists have discovered that THC shrinks tumors. In 1974, researchers at the Medical College of Virginia had been funded by the National Institutes of Health to find evidence that marijuana damages the immune system. Instead, they found that THC slowed the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice -- lung and breast cancer and a virus-induced leukemia. The government quickly shut down the Virginia study and all further cannabis/tumor research, according to Jack Herer, who reports on the events in his book, The Emperor Wears No Clothes. In 1976, President Gerald Ford put an end to all public cannabis research and granted exclusive research rights to major pharmaceutical companies, which set out -- unsuccessfully -- to develop synthetic forms of THC that would deliver all the medical benefits without the "high."

Code:
http://www.new-cancer-treatments.org/Lists/Big_List_T_.html
Code:
http://www.new-cancer-treatments.org/
Code:
http://www.cancertutor.com/
Old 01-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #27
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Thank you Rory for the info

You always amaze me with what you find on the internet

Old 01-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #28
RMRanger
Electric

You're very welcome buddy. :)
Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #29
Doz
Maniac Drummer

Wife had me look at her Throat on why it hurts and it looks like when they put the breath tube down her throat for surgery they nicked her throat.

This is why she was not feeling so good when she came out of surgery. We told the Nurse but she seemed to be else where mentally.

Wife Google it and has found post on others where this has happen to them and they try to tell the Nurse only to be ignored. Very sad to see this happen first hand.

I will let the Doctor know about what I saw, when we meet for the first time Jan 31, 2011 for her App at Moffit Cancer center.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #30
RMRanger
Electric

I had the same problem when they had me on life support for 3 days, they scratched my throat, drink warm water and jello, don't eat anything that might inflame the throat, puddings and so forth are good, not to much milk, as milk has bacteria, try not to swallow all the time, but do keep it moist, little sips at a time, that's how i got through it. Hope this helps buddy.